Tuesday 26 June 2012

Slow times in wet weather

Unfortunately, I hate rain in the summer. I'm rather disappointed I'm still walking around in my wellies and it is almost the end of June!!! The rain equals less to blog!

Dragonfly spotting is hard work as sunny periods on days off seem to be few and far between. The highlight of the last week or so being this Four-spotted Chaser of the scarce form praenublia at Tophill Low NR, East Yorks recently. Despite seeing good numbers of Four-spots a few weeks back, this the first I've noted in 2012.



Other than a small number of Black-tailed Skimmer now being on the wing, the wet weekend's are spoiling any decent recording.

The weather is also taking the fun away from moth trapping with little in the traps. However, the big surprise of the weekend was the first Varied Coronet at Tophill Low NR found by Doug Fairweather.



Like everyone else, I hope the weather picks up soon.

The rain is good for the flora though with many Bee Orchids now out. This one probably displaying the most flower heads I've seen on a single plant.



1 comment:

  1. It's always fun watching those wildlife. I've tried oban wildlife trips and it has been very memorable.

    ReplyDelete